Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V

Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V (https://www.vseries.net/forums/)
-   CTS-V Discussion (https://www.vseries.net/forums/7-cts-v-discussion/)
-   -   More power! (https://www.vseries.net/forums/7-cts-v-discussion/63-more-power.html)

mjcnj 09-21-2004 07:47 AM

More power!

I am the owner of a new CTSV Black on Black. I am interested in a computer enhancment and a supercharger. Does anyone here have any information or suggestions? Thanks for the help and hello to everyone here from a newbie....

Mike

Veloce 11-16-2004 09:46 AM

Links.....

Hi Mike,
I'm Frank. I just bought my CTS-V last week. I'm also an owner of a black on black. Here are some links that might be able to help you.

BMR FABRICATION

Lingenfelter

Mallet Cars

More Performance

I hope all that helps. I know More Performance has a supercharger but, I haven't checked to see if it's smog legal for California. ;)

ekool 01-29-2005 10:04 PM

Anyone do a heads and cam package yet?

LuckStar 01-31-2005 05:35 PM

I think that in the 2006 models they should put the LS2 in the CTS-V!
That would be really nice. Yeah, same horse power but, more potential..
A lot of the LS6 guys do a heads and cam package, thats what i would do.

Veloce 01-31-2005 06:38 PM

I'd like to see them do a supercharger for 2006 instead. This way it'll be just a bolt on kit for the LS6. The other benefit too would be that it'll be smog legal as factory equipment. If they do the LS2, that would mean heads and cam package would be the alternative mod for the LS6 owners. I'm weary of having work done internally on the motor and then not passing smog.

ekool 02-01-2005 08:33 AM

I'm undecided.. I wouldnt care either way as long as big power is available :)

torchredfrc 02-01-2005 02:30 PM

I good point of contact would be the guys at Lund Cadillac in Phoenix. They have a dealership race team and they run an 04 CTS-V. I've seen it in person and they had a super charger on it, FAST 90mm intake/throttle body, and I believe they were tuning. The advantage of going with them is that they will still honor your factory warrenty. So long as you have them install your after market accessories. This is not a plug for them but if you are looking for a good list of accessories that are warrenty worthy, give them a call.

http://www.lundcadillac.com/

ekool 02-01-2005 03:54 PM

Wow.. awesome site! thx for the tip. I'll have to bookmark this one.

torchredfrc 02-02-2005 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckStar
I think that in the 2006 models they should put the LS2 in the CTS-V!
That would be really nice. Yeah, same horse power but, more potential..
A lot of the LS6 guys do a heads and cam package, thats what i would do.

LS2 heads are the same casting as LS6 heads. They upgraded the valve sizes. The big change is the stroke of the motor. I believe that was how they got from 5.7 to 6.0. Anyhow, as far as potential goes, the LS6 is just as capable of a motor. Hell, some tuners are getting better performance out of a good set of ported and milled LS1 heads than they are seeing from their LS6 heads. I say they should stick with the LS6 until the 427 is ready to be dropped in and completely skip the LS2. A Caddy with a 427 is one I would run out and buy tomorrow. :D

LS6CTSV 02-02-2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekool
Anyone do a heads and cam package yet?

Hi all. I am new to your forum. My car is at Dynotech Engineering, in Fort Wayne Indiana. Phil Rickard is the owner and a super nice guy. He is using my car to develope different packages for the CTSV. As of right now he has 3 different stages of dyno tunes for the V. They just installed Stainless Works headers and high flow cats, along with Corsa exhaust and a CAI and the car now has 375 rwhp, and 375.2 rwtq. The next step is a custom ground cam and then AFR heads. If anyone is interested in what he has done so far you can get ahold of Phil at www.dynotech-eng.com :)