Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V - View Single Post - Rear/Diff Failure - Please post details inside!
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 11:49 AM
torchredfrc
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert
GM has just released info to their dealers about fixing the wheel hop by installing supplemental bushings in the rear - THey are also supposed to improve the handling a bit.

I already contacted my dealer and they ordered the parts to do the fix - It is covered under warranty. I'll post when it is done and let you know the outcome. To be honest, though, I haven't noticed wheel hop much on my car - I have an '05 with the sport shocks option - They supposedly help with the wheel hop - I am doing it more for the handling improvement.

THere is also a KARS cradle kit that was made by a V owner - I ordered that as well and it should be in in a few weeks. I have heard that this is the only kit to get for the hop problem. Check out Karsxtremeperf.com
I'll keep you posted on that as well - Car is awesome!!! Bad on gas - a few squeaks and rattles with only 2K miles - Other than that it's BAD ASS!!!!!

Do you have any more info on what GM released to the dealers? Is this a service bulletin? I'm going to try and get in touch with my dealer next week and see if they have anything about fixing wheel hop issues.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome