Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V - View Single Post - Rear/Diff Failure - Please post details inside!
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Bert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GM has just released info to their dealers about fixing the wheel hop by installing supplemental bushings in the rear - THey are also supposed to improve the handling a bit.

I already contacted my dealer and they ordered the parts to do the fix - It is covered under warranty. I'll post when it is done and let you know the outcome. To be honest, though, I haven't noticed wheel hop much on my car - I have an '05 with the sport shocks option - They supposedly help with the wheel hop - I am doing it more for the handling improvement.

THere is also a KARS cradle kit that was made by a V owner - I ordered that as well and it should be in in a few weeks. I have heard that this is the only kit to get for the hop problem. Check out Karsxtremeperf.com
I'll keep you posted on that as well - Car is awesome!!! Bad on gas - a few squeaks and rattles with only 2K miles - Other than that it's BAD ASS!!!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome