CTS-V On The Race Track - Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CTS-V On The Race Track

Has anyone out there, other than myself, actually used their CTS-V as the GM Performance Division in Warren, MI developed it to be used?

The suspension / steering set-up, 14" Brembo brakes and Gen III LS6 were blended together and perfected at "The Ring" in Germany so that your V is track ready.

Any takers?

4/1/11

Well.....as of today we have '0' members w/ V's driven on the track and 14 members w/ V's never driven on the track

4/3/11

Well.....as of today we have '0' members w/ V's driven on the track and 30 members w/ V's never driven on the track

What's up w/ that !!!???

4/5/11

Well.....as of today we have '0' members w/ V's driven on the track and 52members w/ V's never driven on the track

4/11/11

FINALLY !!!!!....we have a V owner (former) that did as god intended he do w/ his V. He drove his it on a race track and experienced what apparently the other 129 V owners have not.

Last edited by KQQL '05 V; 04-11-2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQQL '05 V View Post
Has anyone out there, other than myself, actually used their CTS-V as the GM Performance Division in Warren, MI developed it to be used?
Well.....as of today we have '0' members w/ V's driven on the track and 52members w/ V's never driven on the track
Better change the count to a 1!

I used to run my old (now gone) 05 at the local NorCal tracks in the HPDE events. Got a lot of looks in the Caddy.

Originally I drove the car up on Toyo R1s, ran the day and then drove home on them. I had a second set of CCW rims that I ran street Toyos on most of the time.

Damn fun car, and I miss it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CTS-V Laguna.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	259   Click image for larger version

Name:	CTS-V Laguna 02.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Infinion.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thunderhill paddock.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	262   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMR KLR.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	263  

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Well good 4u !!!!

Finally the real deal.

I have 2 admit I have NEVER understood all the blogging on hot rod car sites where owners brag and show off long lists of engine and suspension candy that cost's 1000's of $ 4 their V's, R/T's, SRT8's, SS's, Rousch's and the rest of the cars that are marketed for their track credentials and yet have never been on a track. I go to many car shows in my area and check out all these hot cars and read the long list of K&N CAI and 80mm BK this along w/ Magnaflow and KOOKs that and their faces get red and their eyes glaze over when you ask them what their car is like on the track. You don't have to go every weekend but good god folks.....go at least ONCE !!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in