I'm not very happy right now. - Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not very happy right now.

My car has been at the dealers shop for the last 4 out of 5 days. One morning last week I started my car and it idle rough and then threw a CEL. So on my way to the dealership to have it looked at, it was kinda herky jerkey which made me kinda nervous. The dealer checks the codes and decided they need to replace the coil pack. This takes 2 days because they have to order one. I'm like fine whatever.

So I pick my car up the next day and drive it home (25 miles one way) and all is cool. I get home and park in the garage and don't drive it again until I have to go to work the next day. Well I start my car and here we go again. The things idles rough and throws another CEL. I'm like WTF!!! This is a BRAND NEW CAR with less than 2k miles on the damn thing. So I take it back to the dealer. They say they'll take another look at the thing to see what's up again. Well now my car has been at the dealership for 2 more days now. I've had to call the dealership each day myself to get a status on the car (SHOULDNT THIS BE THE SERVICE AGENTS JOB???? ).

Now they are telling me the car is throwing the CEL, but without any codes and they have no clue as to what the problem is. This of course is NOT what I want to hear. He proceeds to tell me that they should know something by noon tomorrow and that they are getting the service manager involved(like he can fix a damn car).

I think I may have to file a Texas Lemon Law filing for this car. This is totally unbelievable. I've never been hard on the car. I've owned import cars (Lexus' for the past 10 years or so) and I thought I would give the Caddy a try. Man I hope I didn't make the wrong decision.

I'm SOO pissed right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Well, after two and half days they finally resolved the problem at least for now. They claimed a spark plus was mis-firing and replaced it. The funny this is was that a code was not being thrown but the CEL was coming on.

I don't know. I'm just happy to have my car back.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJoeD
Well, after two and half days they finally resolved the problem at least for now. They claimed a spark plus was mis-firing and replaced it. The funny this is was that a code was not being thrown but the CEL was coming on.

I don't know. I'm just happy to have my car back.
Joe, I truely hope the dealer is able to resolve all your issues. Both my V and one other members car have been repurchased under our repsective states lemon laws. Don't get me wrong, I love the CTS-V however the problems with my car far outweighed my patients with the dealer and GM in general and that was why I pursued the lemon law. I can tell you that the lemon law process is not pleasant and GM will do everything in their power to avoid a lemon law suit. In fact, the V they repurchased from me shows "Repurchased for reason other than legal." on the service records now so I suspect GM will resell the car and hope the next person doesn't complain like I did.

Either way, the lemon law will require you to maintain very good records on when the vehicle was in service (# of days in service as well as services performed). I also suggest that you keep a log of times you spoke to the dealer and who you spoke to as well as the subject of the conversation if you suspect you may go the lemon law route.

In all honesty, a misfire is fairly easy to solve with the LS series of motors. There really isn't much that can go wrong with a stock car other than plugs, wires, and coil packs. If you had modified your car you could have issues with the car running rich at idle which would eventually cause misfires (I just went through troubleshooting this exact issue on my C5). Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

2005 CTS-V - repurchased by GM as a lemon
2006 Corvette Coupe
1999 Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/

Install a wide band oxygen sensor in place of a stock sensor:
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/wbo2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSB1684809
Notice: Vehicle component durability is greatly influenced by these driver abuses. Driving in this manner is not recommended.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchredfrc
Joe, I truely hope the dealer is able to resolve all your issues. Both my V and one other members car have been repurchased under our repsective states lemon laws. Don't get me wrong, I love the CTS-V however the problems with my car far outweighed my patients with the dealer and GM in general and that was why I pursued the lemon law. I can tell you that the lemon law process is not pleasant and GM will do everything in their power to avoid a lemon law suit. In fact, the V they repurchased from me shows "Repurchased for reason other than legal." on the service records now so I suspect GM will resell the car and hope the next person doesn't complain like I did.

Either way, the lemon law will require you to maintain very good records on when the vehicle was in service (# of days in service as well as services performed). I also suggest that you keep a log of times you spoke to the dealer and who you spoke to as well as the subject of the conversation if you suspect you may go the lemon law route.

In all honesty, a misfire is fairly easy to solve with the LS series of motors. There really isn't much that can go wrong with a stock car other than plugs, wires, and coil packs. If you had modified your car you could have issues with the car running rich at idle which would eventually cause misfires (I just went through troubleshooting this exact issue on my C5). Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
WOW that sucks. I'm going to put together a log of phone calls and service visits just in case.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 04:07 AM

That sucks!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm surprised that Sewell was so slow and not communicating with you well? Haven't had to leave my car there overnight yet. I goto the one in Grapevine though. I did get my tire pressure sensor I posted about early fixed by them the other day, but that is the only service I have had done so far. I hope you don't have any more problems. I do understand though the sorta issues you could have being seperated from this car!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm comtemplating going to the Grapevine dealership for future service. I used to go to the Park Place Lexus dealershiip for service when I had my Lexus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in