to V or not to V... - Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
to V or not to V...

Hey fellas, I'm a newbie so I'll be quick and wont waste your time...I've been looking to get a used CTS or possibley a CTS-V. I don't drive much since I have a 95 STS, that I bought used in 2000 with 17k on it, now it has 40k so you can see I have no use for a brand nerw Caddy. But my questions are simple and its hard to find reliable info on the web since all the reviews are either so one sided so I have come here.

Is the extra coin worth the V-veries?

I heard 03 CTS has problems with its rear diff, so should I look for 04 and newer?

I will have this vehicle for a long time and wont upgrade for newer models, it will be my daily driver, is the V too much power for this since I live in a rural setting?

How is the tranny on the V? does it deliver strong positive throws?

I am a tuner, I like to modify not just comestically but with performance as well. Is it worth buying a CTS-v as is, or getting a CTS and beefing it up instead?

Any suggestions or info would be helpful, I don't want to go in blind when I make the journey to the dealership

Thanks for your time,
~J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 09:09 PM

i vote no.

the V is an awesome car, but your probably looking for some trouble buying used...its not 100%, but your taking a risk with the shitty diff cadillac refuses to fix it, and you said you want to mod it? a good uded V will cost you at least 32k...do you like C5 vettes(97-04')? those can go for about 20-25k used in great condition, just a suggestion..good luck
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

my neighbor just sold his '04 Z06, I've driven it, riden in it and honestly It didnt tickle my fancy...I like driving autos that can scare me, and no matter how hard I ran the vette the performance made it an impressive car but not my kind of enjoyment. Now dropping that engine into a big body sedan is more my of my cup and my neighbor traded in the Z06 cause he got bored of it and he just got a 02 Viper GTS, which I've only riden in but thats more of the hair raising taste yet I have no use for a 2 door exotic...

Maybe Cadillac doesnt have the answer to my itch, thanks for replying...
~J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in