Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Angry CTS-V Problems!

Well, it's looking like GM might be purchasing my CTS-V back from me. We are now on attempt #3 to repair my personalization and various other electrical problems and the car is been in the shop for 2 straight weeks. The prior attempt took 2 weeks and the attempt where they "couldn't reproduce" my problem took them just a single day. If anyone here has any experience with the lemon law, I would really appreciate the insight. If anyone knows of any good attorneys who practice in New Mexico and do consumer law I would appreciate that information as well.

As far as my problems go, I hope they are one off and no one else is experiencing intermitant problems with their personaliztion. If you are, I hope you get a better service department to deal with than the one we have here. Cadillac will not treat you right, in my opinion it's up to the dealer to do it. Cadillac has refused to pay for the rental car the dealer put us in for the past two weeks so the dealer has moved us from it to one of their cars. We've been in a Deville (which I hated), a Enterprise SRX twice (which I didn't mind) and now we've been moved in to a dealer SRX that is in poor shape. It squeaks, rattles, seems to have noise comming from the transmission, and the power seats are loud as hell. This car only has 12,000 miles on it... I guess I expected better from Cadillac on both my car and the car they put us in while mine is being serviced. The dealer car was giving to us with only a quarter tank of gas in it and the dealer said Cadillac will not authorize any more fuel in their car because customers were not refilling it. I don't even want to go in to how I feel about that...

This has been a huge inconvience and an amazingly hard experience to deal with. Cadillac has been thus far unhelpful and the dealers service has gotten to the point where they are just throwing parts at the problem. The car is obviously a lemon and I have a feeling this is going to get to the point where I will have to hire an attorney. I can honestly say that after this experience, I will never buy another Cadillac again and I probably will think twice before purchasing another GM product at all. It will have to be one hell of a deal.

2005 CTS-V - repurchased by GM as a lemon
2006 Corvette Coupe
1999 Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/

Install a wide band oxygen sensor in place of a stock sensor:
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/wbo2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSB1684809
Notice: Vehicle component durability is greatly influenced by these driver abuses. Driving in this manner is not recommended.

Last edited by torchredfrc; 11-30-2005 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Changed title, hopeing to get more reads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Well, with my car still in the shop I decided to call Cadillac at their 800 number and deal with them directly instead of talking to my dealership. The first Cadillac representative I spoke with last week was extremely apologetic and she let me know of several issues (after she spoke with the dealer service manager) that I was unaware of. The call ended with me getting that information and being told that they would escalate my ticket to the next level representative. I believe at this point, Cadillac also sent out a field rep to look over my problems.

Well... after several days of phone tag with the level 2 rep I finally got in touch with her. She informed me that the field rep stated that in lieu of my problems Cadillac would not purchase my vehicle back from me. She was unhelpful as far as the lemon law in my state goes and she said that Cadillac's primary goal at this point was still to repair the vehicle. I asked her again about lemon law and proceeded to ask her the what if case for the dealer being unable to repair the car. She would not answer any of my questions.

So I'm approaching the end of week 3 that the dealership has had my car... They still, as far as I know, do not have any idea when they will have it done and I'm still in the dealerships SRX. Can anyone offer any advice? I really just want this nightmare to be done and over with. I'm sick of dealing with Cadillac, the dealership, and the problems with my V.

2006 Corvette Coupe

Quote:
Notice: Vehicle component durability is greatly influenced by these driver abuses. Driving in this manner is not recommended.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 06:06 PM

You might want to check specifics, but I know if there are 4 attempts to fix/repair a warranty concern, and it is the same concern on each visit, the vehicle is elligible for Lemon Law. Also, if your vehicle is in a repair facility for a warranty issue for 30 days out of a certain amount of days (I don't know the exact number of days, could be 60-90) this also qualifies you for Lemon Law. I don't know if you like your V enough to get another one, but if you do, GM is normally more willing to replace than repurchase. They call it voluntary replacement or voluntary repurchase. If you express to your CAM at the CAC(customer area manager @ the customer assistance center) that you like your vehicle and would rather opt for a replacement, they are usually more willing to work with you. If you do want to actually go through with the Lemon Law, I know you have to go through the attorney general. I'm not sure of the exact process. Hope this helps...

[email protected]

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Thanks for the reply. I have spoken with both the Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau on this matter and it looks like to get the car bought back by GM I will have to find an attorney. Do you know of any there in Albuquerque that practice consumer law? This week begins the 4th consecutive week they have had the car. I think if this goes into next week I will be discussing lemon law again and I will proceed. I think the actual lemon law thing goes through the BBB where an arbiter is asigned to the case. The arbiter actually makes the initial decision as to weither or not the lemon law applies then if I disagree with their decision, I will have to get an attorney and go through the court system. Anyway, I'm really frustrated by this entire thing. The lady at Cadillac hasn't been real helpful to this point and I just get the feeling that Cadillac and GM in general doesn't really care that these problems have been happening to my vehicle. As far as me liking my V... yeah, I love the car but at this point and after all the hassle with GM I think my next car will be from another manufacturer.

2006 Corvette Coupe

Quote:
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 09:03 PM

Electrical

I have had my V in for service 6 times since June. First, the clutch circuitory, then various sensors. I love my car but the electrical system has so many problems. Fortunately, my dealer, Mark Christopher in Ontario, CA has been great. In California, lemon law comes in to play when you have had the car in 3 times or more for the same problem. Good luck, I have my fingers crossed that I have seen the end of my electrical issues.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Tomorrow is 30 consecutive days that the dealer has had the car in service. I am going to be speaking with my regional rep over the next couple days to see what they are going to do. I went in last week and found that the dealer has not performed the work described in TSB 1684809 (Rear wheel hop) as I have asked. I have requested this work the last two times the car has been at the dealer... they ordered the part and hopefully will have it done. The personalization seemed to be functioning correctly and they are still describing the clunking in the transmission/drive train as normal lash.

I hope my issues are all ironed out too... at this point though I just wish Cadillac would repurchase the vehicle. I'm tired of dealing with it.

2006 Corvette Coupe

Quote:
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

I got the car back on the 11th. GM made it very clear that they had no intention of repurchasing the vehicle or replacing it and that they would continue to try and service it under the warrenty. I have been playing with the seat all week and I havn't noticed it mess up again. I hope that these problems are all over. I also hope we don't continue having problems with the (another new) nav system they replaced. I am really disenchanted with GM right now...

2006 Corvette Coupe

Quote:
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Well, looks like the problem has resurfaced. It's happened twice now. Once it was stuck in the #2 position and did not move to #1 when unlocked with #1. Today, it was stuck in the exit position and did not reposition when unlocked with the #1 fob. I just called the dealer and my service rep is going to talk with the technician and call me back.

This will be dealer visit four...

On a side note, thank you for the info you PM'd me go4redline. I think I may contact that attorney after I speak with GM again.

2006 Corvette Coupe

Quote:
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 10:12 PM

sounds like the problems we are having

at least some of them. So it isn't just yours.

User settings changing from one to two when one unlocks the car.....

Wheel hop.....

Rear end replacement.....

tranny clunk when "parading"

Radio issues, and driver info center menu's glitching.....

Dash Lights flickering when car is sitting still...

The dealership claims the electrical problems are not repeatable, and therefore not there.... even though I have showed them videos of the problems occurring.

FYI - lemon laws are hard to win unless you have a few very good lawyer, a group of respected mechanics on your side, plenty of evidence, and numerous videos of the problems happening, and documents showing the work done on the vehicle.

Charles S.
2005 Burgundy CTS-V
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfzndrummer
at least some of them. So it isn't just yours.

User settings changing from one to two when one unlocks the car.....

Wheel hop.....

Rear end replacement.....

tranny clunk when "parading"

Radio issues, and driver info center menu's glitching.....

Dash Lights flickering when car is sitting still...

The dealership claims the electrical problems are not repeatable, and therefore not there.... even though I have showed them videos of the problems occurring.

FYI - lemon laws are hard to win unless you have a few very good lawyer, a group of respected mechanics on your side, plenty of evidence, and numerous videos of the problems happening, and documents showing the work done on the vehicle.

Charles S.
2005 Burgundy CTS-V

Wow Charles. I replied to your private message. I hope we can get something done about this. The whine you mentioned, do you only hear it when accelerating? I have a whine from my rear differential but I only notice it when accelerating. I wish I had videos & the equipment to make videos. The dealer has been able to reproduce all my issues.

I need to pay special attention to the dash lights this evening and see if they flicker.

Matt

2006 Corvette Coupe

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in