CTS-V Problems... - Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CTS-V Problems...

OK my V has 1205 miles on the clock. Here is my list of problems. Any ideas before I go to the dealer?

1.Squeak\scrape heard through transmission tunnel when going over bumps. I can also push down on the front of car with hood open and hear the noise.

2. 6-speed has a hard time getting into 1st and reverse some times. It feels very rubber-bandish and almost bounces in. Sometimes it does not want to go in at all to these gears. (((Compared to my 69 camaro tranny there is a huge difference in feel. I definitely think that this car needs a shorter throw between the gears IMHO)))

So far thats all I have. Not major problems I hope but if anyone has had any similar experiences please let me know-

Thanks-
Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:28 PM

Not really problems I'd say. The dealership should fix the noise easy. I would hope this shifter isn't like your 69 Camaro. You can buy a short throw shifter if you want there are several after-market ones.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 07:28 AM

I have about 3100 miles on my V and it is a great car to drive. I have owned many hot rods over the years. ZR 1, Z28 even a CLK 430 . My concern with the V is the transmission in my opinion is not as smooth as my vette. I really dislike the 1st. to 4th and would like to get the part name and number of the by pass that is out on the market. I think the trans is clunky and in poor design for a car of this design. Dealer has been over the trans twice and says it meets specks. Any tips are appreciated.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill
I have about 3100 miles on my V and it is a great car to drive. I have owned many hot rods over the years. ZR 1, Z28 even a CLK 430 . My concern with the V is the transmission in my opinion is not as smooth as my vette. I really dislike the 1st. to 4th and would like to get the part name and number of the by pass that is out on the market. I think the trans is clunky and in poor design for a car of this design. Dealer has been over the trans twice and says it meets specks. Any tips are appreciated.

Bill, I agree that the transmission in the V doesn't seem to be as smooth as the transmission in the C5. The main difference is that the C5 has a transaxle and the transmission is mated right to the rear differential. The V has the transmission located in the traditional location. My main issue with the transmission has been reverse. It seems like every time I need to go in to reverse I must first put the car into fourth. I'm going to bring this problem up to the mechanic when I have them put on the bushing for the wheel hop issue. As far as your 1-4 shift, this is called computer aided gear shifting (CAGS) and can be eliminated with a $3 do it yourself Radio Shack part, a $50 weather proof !CAGS eliminator, or a tuning package such as HPTuners (~$300-$500, or free if you know someone with it that is licensed to use it on your year CTS-V).

2005 CTS-V - repurchased by GM as a lemon
2006 Corvette Coupe
1999 Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/

Install a wide band oxygen sensor in place of a stock sensor:
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/wbo2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSB1684809
Notice: Vehicle component durability is greatly influenced by these driver abuses. Driving in this manner is not recommended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in