NAV to DVD/TV conversion - Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NAV to DVD/TV conversion

You guys should check out a website www.tvandnav2go.com, where they can convert a lot of OEM Navigation systems into a dual media player that plays DVD and/or TV, while keeping the original functions of the NAV system. Haven't had a chance to call them to see if they do CTS/V's...but will let you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Oh wow, that looks like a nice system. It looks like thier system works with the 05 Corvette. I would think it should work with the CTS-V Bose system. Are you going to call them and get pricing?

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

I'll post when I get the details. I really can't dial long-distance from work...but surfing these forums all day golden!!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

Talked to a technician from NY that works for tvandnav2go, and he said that they cannot do the CTS'. He said that they had no way to bypass "something or other"...forgot what it was called, that pretty much killed the ability to watch DVDs with the e-brake off. However, I took it down to a Car Audio shop, and for about $250 the guy said that he could hook it up so that I could watch DVDs while driving. Obviously, I might have to shop around for a better price. I can never see myself "sitting around" just watching movies in a parking lot!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 11:03 AM

If you have the DVD nav, you can watch DVD's in the player.
if you want to watch the DVD while you drive, here's a trick...
While the parking brake is on, start the DVD - while the DVD is playing, push the 2nd to last button on the right hand side of the nav system, while pushing that button, press the forward seek button underneath the big round knob on the right - take off the emergency brake - drive and watch!
Only thing is, you can't us ethe functions, the DVD will just play.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert
While the parking brake is on, start the DVD - while the DVD is playing, push the 2nd to last button on the right hand side of the nav system, while pushing that button, press the forward seek button underneath the big round knob on the right - take off the emergency brake - drive and watch!
This is correct, I have done it more than a few times. No need to buy anything else.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert

I have done this trick as well and it does work. One downfall is that you can't control the menu after you start driving. Do you know if the stock system requires +5V or GND for the ebrake?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

whoa!! I don't check these forums for 2 days, come back and find out that someone must have been on something serious to be able to play around with the nav system, by holding down the 2nd button, while pressing this and that...COOL!! I can't wait to try it!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Not bad, not bad, Movie theater to go!! I'm just a little paranoid with Five-O, though. I already got pulled over for the first time in the V the other night at 2:15 in the a.m. He paced me going 65 (so was everyone else) on the highway, and could have fined me $270 (supposedly, I hit a 3/4 mile stretch of highway that had a 45 mph speed limit posted). But no one ever drives 45 on that stretch, because it doesn't even make sense. Anyways, I will have to be on my P's and Q's with this car, because it seems to attract a lot of attention from everyone (including the law!).
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samshady
Not bad, not bad, Movie theater to go!! I'm just a little paranoid with Five-O, though. I already got pulled over for the first time in the V the other night at 2:15 in the a.m. He paced me going 65 (so was everyone else) on the highway, and could have fined me $270 (supposedly, I hit a 3/4 mile stretch of highway that had a 45 mph speed limit posted). But no one ever drives 45 on that stretch, because it doesn't even make sense. Anyways, I will have to be on my P's and Q's with this car, because it seems to attract a lot of attention from everyone (including the law!).

I guess the only thing I am afraid of happening is being rolled over with a movie still playing.

The DVD will stop showing audio if your traction control comes on or if you try to control it in any way. Are your windows tinted? I put 20% tint on the rear glass and I think I could get away with turning it off quickly if I'm ever being pulled over. As far as the law paying more attention to the CTS-V than other cars, I find around here the V draws very little attention. Maybe it's just because there are so many standard CTS's and they sorta look alike if you don't pick up on the visual cues of the V.

Glad to hear you didn't get a ticket.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in