User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation Unbiased opinion

Good Morning.

I am an Audi S4 driver 6 speed tiptronic, quattro 2004 and I have decided to trade the car in for an Audi A6 4.2. However this past weekend I drove the CTS V and was quite impressed with it. Can any of you guys offer an unbiased opinion as to the reliability of the car and the overall drivability. I do 15000 mixed use miles per year and would probally do a three year lease.

Any opinions would be most appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finwhiz
Good Morning.

I am an Audi S4 driver 6 speed tiptronic, quattro 2004 and I have decided to trade the car in for an Audi A6 4.2. However this past weekend I drove the CTS V and was quite impressed with it. Can any of you guys offer an unbiased opinion as to the reliability of the car and the overall drivability. I do 15000 mixed use miles per year and would probally do a three year lease.

Any opinions would be most appreciated.
Fin,

I do not expect any longevity problems with the car, and Cadillac's standard warranty is excellent (4 years, 40k miles) -- The only problems I've had with the car are as follows:

1. Wheelhop is an issue if you launch hard
2. No mp3 capability in the stock CD player

Other then that, the car has been great. I've got some parts to hopefully fix the wheelhop issue once I get around to installing them, and when I do I'll let the forums know how well they worked.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Thank you

Are you aware of any water leaks on the car, and what do you think of a price invoice plus 500 dollars. I am nervous of an American car but I think I will take the plunge. I am in no way a hot rodder but I do like to mash the pedal once in a while.

Thank you for your response and good luck with you car.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finwhiz
Are you aware of any water leaks on the car, and what do you think of a price invoice plus 500 dollars. I am nervous of an American car but I think I will take the plunge. I am in no way a hot rodder but I do like to mash the pedal once in a while.

Thank you for your response and good luck with you car.
No water leaks here, havent even read of any. I did read one guy who said he had a "coolant" smell, but thats probably normal break in smells (coolant might have spilled when they were pouring it in at the factory and is now burning off, for example)

Not sure what invoice on the car is, but I paid $47,600 for mine with the GM Loyalty discount ($1500) and the car stickered for a bit over $52k. So, try to shoot for that level if discount if possible.

Actually, I found my sticker, so here's the exact price/discount.

$51,800 + Destination == $52,495.
Paid $47,600
-----------------------
Discount: $4895

The dealership I bought mine at still has a black one (mine is silver) -- so if your interested, I can put you in contact with my sales rep there and see what kind of deal he can make you.

Just let me know.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Thank you again

I actually thik i like the silver so i think thats what i will do as long as i dont get to much pain with my S4

THank you again, much appreciated.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 03:19 PM

Fin,
I left the Audi famliy for the CTS-V. I enjoy the car it has not been in the shop like my Audi but that was not Audi's fault it was actually an OnStar issue. I do miss the quattro very very much going from 450 hp in a quattro to 480 in a rearwheel drive is a major difference and it takes a while to get used to it but once you do the car is just as fun but I will not say more fun. I wish Caddy would build this car with awd it would be awesome.
The old...

The New...

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 03:52 PM

A mighty stable, either way

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in