For Cts-v Owners... - Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For Cts-v Owners...

i am not knocking any of the owners of these cars but i am knocking the cts-v. i had a 05 cts-v and for the money i had spent i feel really dumb. the car should not break for the money spent. the rear end in my cts-v went out twice from just burnouts and launches. i had an srt-4 that i did major peelouts and hard launches and never had a problem. that car was more than half the price of the cts-v.
anyways i dumped my cts-v and got a REAL car. 2005 GTO 6spd. i test drove one before buying and did more peelouts, doughnuts, launches than i ever did in my cts-v and it still didnt break and made it back to the dealership. then i chose another one and bought it with so many add ons - k&n cold air intake, long tube headers, 160 thermostat, shortshifter, catback exhaust, PCM upgrade, and a sunroof added since they do not have one, custom18" wheels and a body kit and it still was about 10k cheaper than the cts-v i bought! the GTO is so much better in many ways. there is so much aftermarket parts for the car you can make it as fast as you want i was surprised and its its already faster with the new vette motors LS2, handles better and for sure more reliable.
im not trying to sell this car i just dont want anyone to feel dumb like me to buy the cts-v thinking yeah im gonna be fast and race people and have it breaking on y'all. im glad i got rid of my cts-v. for anyone that is like me that want to race their cars and do burnouts/launches without breaking and being without your car GTO is the way to go and they also have a great forums.
oh yeah, now im LS2-GTO SPEEDRACER.

Last edited by cts-v speedracer; 02-17-2005 at 10:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 10:49 PM

Wow... when your diff broke, was it wheelhopping like a mother? Did you stay into it, despite the wheelhop?

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekool
Wow... when your diff broke, was it wheelhopping like a mother? Did you stay into it, despite the wheelhop?
yes it wheel hopped and i stayed into it. this car is just not a racer type and not built well. i have not had any car that wheelhopped like the cts-v it is ridiculous and kinda retarded. for the money for this car it could at least have a durable rear. but i did fix the problem.... just got a better car for cheaper.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

ekool...

i know you like racing cars man. dont you do the srt-4 forums? im sorry for your misfortune of the cts-v because its gonna take a lot of work to make it right and a fast racer. like i said i bought my 05 GTO with so much add ons and was sooo much cheaper than a plain cts-v. the monthly for the cts-v is crazy when you can have a modded GTO for hundreds less and be reliable at the same time. best advice for you if you want to race a car, get rid of the cts-v and get a 05 GTO. i took a loss on my cts-v with the difference but i know its worth it.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 08:52 AM

Sounds like what you need comes from Tonka......
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 12:10 PM

The GTO is going to be cheaper because its not in the same class of car. The CTS-V is a luxury sports car.. the GTO is just a sports car. You are going to see a ton of GTO's running around any given town, but the CTS-V will be a rare vehicle.

I want a combination of luxury and performance, and the CTS-V can give that to me, while the GTO cannot.

You mention the SRT-4, and it is a great performance vehicle with alot of bang for the buck... and, its a VERY stout car.. with that said tho, I have seen people break the front diff on the SRT-4 too, mostly from wheelhop, and mostly from people who stay into the throttle even when the thing is wheel hopping.

The same goes for the Supra.. I've seen the stock rear diff take the car into the 8's and I've seen people break it on 12 second cars.... if the car starts to wheel hop, you need to lift and try again another time.

I have managed to take off from a stop and accelerate very quickly (using my butt dyno) without experiencing wheel hop... so it is possible.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 12:12 PM

BTW,

Here is a video of my Supra wheel hopping, and me lifting as soon as it registered in my brain... it would have been a decent run as well:

http://skank.fiendish.net/~ekool/sup...l-hop-lift.wmv

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 05:45 PM

LOL the GTO in towns all around? There are at a maximum 12K 2005 GTOS, only 15K 2004s.

I have seen 3 in my city, mainly because I live around them. You will NOT see tons of GTOs running around town.

But with that said, its your fault the car broke, anyone knows if you have wheel hop to lay off of else you risk breaking parts. Sounds like you just wanted a car you could go fast in, not a V series.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-2005, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn
LOL the GTO in towns all around? There are at a maximum 12K 2005 GTOS, only 15K 2004s.

I have seen 3 in my city, mainly because I live around them. You will NOT see tons of GTOs running around town.
My dealership here has had 5 different ones on the lot (small town, 35k population), and at 12k and 15k, thats still going to be 3 times the number of V's out on the road

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-2005, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekool
My dealership here has had 5 different ones on the lot (small town, 35k population), and at 12k and 15k, thats still going to be 3 times the number of V's out on the road
True, but there won't be TONS of them around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in