Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V - View Single Post - Caddy to release "Euro" specific Cadillac?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 01:41 PM
syr74

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If Cadillac brought this to our side of the pond equipped with awd standard and with suitable, hi-po engines I think it would go over very well indeed. I will also agree that Cadillac needs to do this car "right" if they want to garner any credibility in Europe, but done correctly I feel the car could do just that. A lot of people seem to worry that a car like this would "hinder" caddy's image here in the US and is inappropriate, but done correctly as I state above there is no reason it should.

However, Cadillac has a lot more to worry about on the service front if they want to be world class than in arears like these IMO. The disaster that was the Catera comes to mind, with the real shame being GM telling buyer of this car to take a very long walk down a very short pier..even to the point of rescinding warranty and service extensions they intitiated when they became too expensive by claiming people misunderstood what they had actually stated.

I mention this because Caddy service has not yet approached the level of Lexus, BMW, Mercedes or even Infiniti service here on our shores...I wonder if it is any better overseas. Heck, even the average Acura dealer trounces what you typically get at the Caddy store. A lot of this is simply old franchises that are not up to snuff , but GM needs to remedy this as owners do not to care why it is this way....just that it is.

GM has to handle this better in Europe than they have in NA, but i wonder if they did previously or even if they will now? Service is what GM should really be worried about with these cars, both here and in Europe.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome