495 BHP/472 BTQ
We have just finalized and completed the installation of our Stage V performance upgrade package on our 2004 Cadillac CTS-V R&D vehicle. We are very pleased with the results of this package in that the engineering goals of docile, stock-like drivability were achieved, while still providing good clean power all across the powerband under the factory redline umbrella of 6600 RPM.
DTE Stage V "495" Performance Upgrade Package Includes:
- DTE spec'd AFR fully CNC ported and machined cylinder heads w/ stainless steel 2.020"/1.600" intake-exhaust valves, HD dual valve springs, 7* locks, titanium valve spring retainers and hardened valve spring locaters/shims
- DTE custom ground hydraulic roller camshaft specifically engineered for this vehicle platform
- Double roller 3-peice timing set
- DTE ported engine oil pump w/ PRV modification upgrade
- U/D pulley w/ matching A/C and main serpantine belts
- GM harmonic balancer crank bolt
- GM head bolt set
- GM head gasket set
- HD hardened pushrod set
- DTE 160* engine coolant thermostat
- NGK V-groove sparkplug set
- Open-element cold air kit
- Stainless Works stainless steel long-tube header set
- DTE stainless steel lead pipes w/ high-flow, metal-matrix catalytic converters
- Corsa performance exhaust system
- Port matched intake manifold
- Ported throttle body
- DTE stainless steel AFR sensor bung/plug kit
- AC/Delco engine oil filter
- Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil
- Chassis dyno power output reports before and after upgrades
- DTE custom performance PCM calibration
- Custom DTE fender/engine cover badging
- Professional installation
- Compatible with 91 and 93 octane fuels
- 2004 and 2005 model year applications
- CAGS deleted electronically (removes function AND turns off annoying dash light all at once)
- Quicker wide open throttle activation
- Reduced engine operating temperature range from O.E.
- No A/C drag when WOT is selected and A/C is on (You now don't have to turn off the A/C to get maximum power at WOT)
- 27-28 MPG fuel economy
- ZERO detonation
- Accurate fuel and spark curves
- Emission compliant (Fed. only at this time)
- Removel of annoying backfire on shifts and during deceleration
- Speed limiter removel
- Increased power EVERYWHERE in the engine's powerband
- Exhaust note carries just a *hint* of muscular gallup at idle (just enough to let everyone know that this car is NOT stock)
- Nice subdued rumble sound at idle outside the car (the type of exhaust note you would expect from a Caddy like this)
- No unwanted increased noise inside of the cabin (other than what you would normally hear with the addition of the Corsa system when mated to stock iron manifolds and cats)
- Absolutely NO interior drone of ANY kind, at ANY RPM in the passenger cabin at part-throttle, mid-throttle or cruising
- A very nice exhaust note/sing at WOT (un-obtrusive both inside and outside of the car and it makes the kind of sound that doesn't attract the police, but clearly lets others know that the car is NOT stock)
- Idle speed nearly stock and smooth
- Absolutely PERFECT~ stock-type drivability in ALL ambient conditions, in ALL cases
- Excellent fuel economy
- Drives a completely stock vehicle until you step into the throttle
- Instantaneous reaction to throttle increases at ALL engine RPM
- Absolutely NO negative side effects of using an under drive pulley with a vehicle such as this with the potential of high electrical accessory load. Charging system maintained a comfortable 13.6 volts at idle with every single O.E. electrical item turned on inside and outside the car.
- No unwanted valvetrain noise
All of the power this performance package produces, does so under the stock engine RPM redline umbrella to enhance long-term engine durability and low-speed torque. Below are some figures we've documented from those tests and all subsequent dyno pulls were finalized on the same day, by myself personally, with the engine temps within 3* either way of the run preceding it. Original baseline power output remained the same as always for comparison accuracy. All control conditions varied by about 1% +/- throughout the testing session. Three pulls were made for each respective change for accuracy and the highest of the three was recorded.
Our custom PCM calibration which is used in tandem with these components, is written in-house using engine operating data obtained from the chassis dyno and from extensively driving the car in real-world conditions that would commonly be found in every day, go to work/in-town/cruising-type driving.
Additionally, the calibration was specifically written conservatively to protect the engine's long-term durability, to provide an area of cushion against detonation if poor quality grade gasoline is used for whatever reason and to provide flexability in the wide range of weather season environments this type of vehicle would typically be operated in.
Dyno Cell and Vehicle Control Conditions:
Ambient Temp- 63.7*
Intake Air Temperature: 81.2*
Absolute Barometric Pressure- 29.77 in./Hg
Vapor pressure- 0.082 in./Hg.
Rear Tire Rollout Ratio- 49.13 RPM/MPH
SAE Correction Factor- .97
Rear Tire Pressure- 35 psi
Engine/Drivetrain Temp.- 176*
Vehicle Mileage- 9541.0
340.6 RWHP/338.6 RWTQ
DTE Stage V "495" Performance Upgrade Package:
420.6 RWHP/399.5 RWTQ
80 RWHP/61 RWTQ Gain Over Stock!
Due to the complexity of the PCM calibration applied to different vehicles located in varying geographic regions of the USA, this performance upgrade package is provided as an in-house installed package here at DTE only at this time. Our website will be updated shortly to reflect these new powertrain upgrades. Some compnents may be omitted from above package if your current combination already has them installed before the car is delivered to DTE.
We want to publically thank CTSVLS6 for allowing DTE to utilize his car for R&D purposes for these last 5 stages of performance upgrade packages we've brought to you folks in the last few months. He has been a real pleasure to do business with and has become a good friend in the process, which is a real bonus! Happy motoring folks and please give us a call with any questions/comments!
Phil Rickard- President
Dynotech Engineering, Inc.