Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V - View Single Post - Top Speed Of Sts V
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
rodinoma

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysxlr View Post
Hi Rodinoma,

I`m german and own an 07 STS V8 export model and it`s not speed limited. I`ve had it up to 276 kph(171 mph) by HUD (analog stops at 260 kph(162 mph) no limiter kicks in. The same with my 04 XLR, had it up to 282 kph (175 mph).
I know the US model STS V and XLR V are limited to 158 mph but I might can tell you soon how fast the export STS V will run because I might trade my 07 for the export V. They arrived since about a month in Germany and my dealer has a black on black one waiting for me

Harry
Thanks for that Harry. I did not realise that they had given the European export Cadillacs a higher speed limit. Last month's Motor Trend magazine has Angus MacKenzie (the editor) driving a US version XLR V in Europe with the speed limiter taken off. When I get my STS V to Europe I will add it to my '07 Escalade and '97 STS already over here.

I also love Corvettes - I have two of them - an '00 Coupe and an '08 Coupe. The first is a European export version and the second is a US version which will also be coming to Europe. I also own a Smart, but I dont talk much about that one.

These cars really dont work as well in the US as they do in Europe - what with their performance capabilities and the moronic speed limits in the US. And you also know that Europeans are fascinated by big V8 US-built cars. I cant get enough of them myself.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome