Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V - View Single Post - What tire to replace short lived runflats?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
AZ RAD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What tire to replace short lived runflats?

My 2005 CTSV only got 11k miles on the runflats without any abuse on good roads(Phoenix) with mainly freeway driving. Moderately aggressive driving without burnouts or track time-yet. I have the typical mods(chip, filter, full B&B exhaust, Katech short shifter, BMR anti-wheel hop kit and strut tower brace, Lingenfelter snubbers, Eibachs + alignment, stainless steel brake lines, Ultimate pedals and 3M clear bra) The differential was replaced at 300 miles under warranty(was leaking fluid). Original set of F1 runflats replaced at 1K miles because they were defective. The second set of tires were rotated every 5K and road force balanced each time. I want to switch to regular tires and carry a small compressor+Slime(like I have done with my other cars) I have a set of Nitto 555's on my wife's 2002 SLK32 Renntech which have been good performers over the last 3k miles. I'm thinking of the Nitto INVO(supposedly quieter) or 555 given the CTSV's rapid tire wear. Has anybody tried either of these tires on their V? Or other similar priced tire? I don't want to consider Michelin Pilots or Bridgestones Potenza. Thanks for the feedback.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome