Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V - View Single Post - Run flat blues
Thread: Run flat blues
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
V's-V

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I was done with this story, but there was more to follow since my last entry. So here it is from the beginning. I brought my V in for Inspection, oil change and first tire rotation. The service attendent calls me into the shop to show me I had exceptional wear @ 5400 miles on my Goodyear F1's. He and the mechanic tell me I must be doing burnouts. I tell him thats not true and that I take great care of my V. (not my every day car) The mechanic puts the worn rear tires on the front, and fails to reprogram psi guage. Anyway, I ask the Service manager about the wear and he pretty much tells me the same thing and says theres nothing that can be done.
With this, I call Cadillac customer service. Initally they said they would do whatever they could to help me, but they would need to speak with the service manager. So the phone tag begins. Customer service claims they can't get through to the dealers service manager. The Service manager claims he has returned the calls and customer service doesn't respond. I return to the dealer and ask the manager to please help me get some answers. He tells me these things take time. All he had to do was make an effort to connect for me. I realize the man is busy, so I let it go for a few days. Then when I call him back , he tells me they haven't spoken yet. I call customer service, the rep I spoke to said they would be willing to go 50/50 with me on 2 new tires. But again they need to speak with the service manager. At this point its been 3 weeks of disappointment. Finally, it took me on the phone with Cadillac customer service and my wife on the phone with the dealer at the same time,(flipping out with both on the phone) that we finally got some attention. We asked for Paul Conte himself. Of course he wasn't in so we spoke to Brian who after we explained the time line and the needless grief we were experiencing, assured us the service manager would call me back with a date that I could bring my car in. I get the call and of course it was yet another week. Finally, the day comes and I take the day off from work.They tell me they have to send the tires out because they don't have a run-flat tire machine. After 4 -1/2 hours I get my V back, I pay my half - $548.00 and go home.
I pull into my garage only to see that they scratched the hell out of my wheels.I was sick over it. It looked like whoever transported my tires, threw them in the back of a rusty pick up upside down and drove like a maniac. I know there just tires, I know nobody died, but its just not right. So there I go again, one more phone call to the dealer. The service manager expresses his regrets and assures me they will fix the problem. One whole week later they take my V for 2 days and repaint the wheels for me, but not after remounting them on the car and forgetting to reprogram the psi gauge again.
This is Cadillac for goodness sakes. I don't know what was worse Customer service or Paul Conte Cadillac.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome