Top Speed Of Sts V - Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Top Speed Of Sts V

My '08 STS V is sitting in my garage in CT. But not for long. In the Spring it will be driven on to a Wallenius Lines ship that will dock in Rotterdam. I will pick it up two weeks later and drive it the long way 'round to Rome, where it will be kept. But not before driving to Berlin for the weekend and it is on those German highways that we will push the STS V to its top speed of only 155mph (limited unfortunately). Until then, I wont really have much to talk about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodinoma View Post
My '08 STS V is sitting in my garage in CT. But not for long. In the Spring it will be driven on to a Wallenius Lines ship that will dock in Rotterdam. I will pick it up two weeks later and drive it the long way 'round to Rome, where it will be kept. But not before driving to Berlin for the weekend and it is on those German highways that we will push the STS V to its top speed of only 155mph (limited unfortunately). Until then, I wont really have much to talk about.
Hi Rodinoma,

I`m german and own an 07 STS V8 export model and it`s not speed limited. I`ve had it up to 276 kph(171 mph) by HUD (analog stops at 260 kph(162 mph) no limiter kicks in. The same with my 04 XLR, had it up to 282 kph (175 mph).
I know the US model STS V and XLR V are limited to 158 mph but I might can tell you soon how fast the export STS V will run because I might trade my 07 for the export V. They arrived since about a month in Germany and my dealer has a black on black one waiting for me

Harry
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysxlr View Post
Hi Rodinoma,

I`m german and own an 07 STS V8 export model and it`s not speed limited. I`ve had it up to 276 kph(171 mph) by HUD (analog stops at 260 kph(162 mph) no limiter kicks in. The same with my 04 XLR, had it up to 282 kph (175 mph).
I know the US model STS V and XLR V are limited to 158 mph but I might can tell you soon how fast the export STS V will run because I might trade my 07 for the export V. They arrived since about a month in Germany and my dealer has a black on black one waiting for me

Harry
Thanks for that Harry. I did not realise that they had given the European export Cadillacs a higher speed limit. Last month's Motor Trend magazine has Angus MacKenzie (the editor) driving a US version XLR V in Europe with the speed limiter taken off. When I get my STS V to Europe I will add it to my '07 Escalade and '97 STS already over here.

I also love Corvettes - I have two of them - an '00 Coupe and an '08 Coupe. The first is a European export version and the second is a US version which will also be coming to Europe. I also own a Smart, but I dont talk much about that one.

These cars really dont work as well in the US as they do in Europe - what with their performance capabilities and the moronic speed limits in the US. And you also know that Europeans are fascinated by big V8 US-built cars. I cant get enough of them myself.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Thanks for that Harry. I did not realise that they had given the European export Cadillacs a higher speed limit. Last month's Motor Trend magazine has Angus MacKenzie (the editor) driving a US version XLR V in Europe with the speed limiter taken off. When I get my STS V to Europe I will add it to my '07 Escalade and '97 STS already over here.

I also love Corvettes - I have two of them - an '00 Coupe and an '08 Coupe. The first is a European export version and the second is a US version which will also be coming to Europe. I also own a Smart, but I dont talk much about that one.

These cars really dont work as well in the US as they do in Europe - what with their performance capabilities and the moronic speed limits in the US. And you also know that Europeans are fascinated by big V8 US-built cars. I cant get enough of them myself.
Yeah, Corvettes I`ve owned a 98 C5 Coupe, a 01 vert auto and a 02 vert 6 speed loved all of them and had no troubles with one of them, great cars!!!!

My XLR or STS is not higher speed limited then US versions, it doesn`t have a speed limiter, here in Germany we say they are "open".

In Sept.07 we brought my daughters 06 GTO here to Germany, had some troubles with the german TÜV but after about 2 months we got it through
the TÜV. I´t`s not expensive but I realy love to drive this machine. When you start it you get the sound of the 60s muscle cars and the LS2 is a fantastic engine.

You are right, we love this american V8s!!!!!!!!

Harry
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 04:45 AM

I heard it's around 180 mph
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Top Speed Of European '07 Sts V And Xlr V

Harry I have a copy of the latest French car magazine Sport Auto that did a review of the recently homologated European versions of the XLR V and STS V. The magazine's technical page says that they are both limited to 250 kmh (155 mph) just like the US versions. I suspect that they were brought into line with the gentleman's accord that exists in Germany regarding the top speeds of the standard luxury sedans of the German manufacturers. Obviously this does not include M or AMG. I think this was done because they dont really want to irritate the Green lobby in Germany that is constantly clamoring for speed limits on the highways.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Harry I have a copy of the latest French car magazine Sport Auto that did a review of the recently homologated European versions of the XLR V and STS V. The magazine's technical page says that they are both limited to 250 kmh (155 mph) just like the US versions. I suspect that they were brought into line with the gentleman's accord that exists in Germany regarding the top speeds of the standard luxury sedans of the German manufacturers. Obviously this does not include M or AMG. I think this was done because they dont really want to irritate the Green lobby in Germany that is constantly clamoring for speed limits on the highways.
Here in the german auto magazins (AutoMotorundSport) they also sayd the XLR and the STS is speed limited to 250 kph (155 mph) but I have both cars and I`ll get my XLR up to 282 kph (175 mph) and last monday I`ve had my STS up to 278 kph ( 172 mph) - who is now right or wrong?
My 00 DTS US model was limited to 210 kph (130 mph)

Harry
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 01:50 AM

I read that the speed is limited to 155 mph

Last edited by markwilson; 02-12-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in