Cadillac lucks out on Superbowl MVP... - Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cadillac lucks out on Superbowl MVP...

Via Autoblog.com

Posted Feb 7, 2005, 12:23 AM ET by David Thomas
Related entries: Car Buying

Super Bowl MVP Caddy
So the Super Bowl “Kickoff” show was sponsored by Ford with those two Ford commercials for the Mustang and F Series trucks. And the postgame was sponsored by GM’s Cadillac? How does that happen? But an even better twist of fate was that the MVP of the game was going to get the Cadillac of his choice. Now we all know at this point that Tom Brady is suing Cadillac for a few million for using his name past an agreed upon date and that he got all pissy that his free XLR didn’t arrive in as timely a manner as he wanted (at least he donated it to a good cause). Now do you think the GM big wigs were both hoping for an Eagles victory and/or a really big day from Corey Dillon? They still lucked out when the MVP went to Deion Branch.

Overall the Super Bowl left me flat. I don’t like either team, but as a lifelong Miami Dolphins fan I really wanted to watch the Pats lose. As a strict football fan I was screaming at the Eagles and their clock-killing huddles towards the end of the game. Horrible game management. Did McNabb have money on the game? I have no clue where that guy’s head was at. Horrible 4thquarter to a decent Super Bowl. The Patriots again don’t do anything stunning they just manage not to lose. Oh and the half time show blew. I’d actually prefer those big pop spectacles with Britney Spears and such.

2005 CTS-V - Pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to 90civicracer Send a message via MSN to 90civicracer Send a message via Yahoo to 90civicracer
I agree with your analysis on the game...I have no clue why the Eagles were taking so long in the 4th quarter (especially in the last 5 minute) to call plays. I know it is easier said than done, but being in the super bowl with as many chances as the patriots gave them, they could have won the game. Instead of a no-huddle offense, they would huddle after each play and walk up to the line.

***1990 Honda Civic EX***
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Well, that was the guy from Autoblogs break down... but it pretty much mimics my feelings as well

I was like in 4 different grid pools and i didnt win shit That was my biggest disappointment.

2005 CTS-V - Pictures

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 10:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to 90civicracer Send a message via MSN to 90civicracer Send a message via Yahoo to 90civicracer
I was going for the Eagles since the beginning of the year since I ended up with about half of their team on my fantasy football team so I grew to like them and was rooting them on. I had a feeling that they would lose to the Patriots, but they had plenty of chances to go ahead and put the game away. New England didn't play near as good as they could have...but they still pulled out a victory.

***1990 Honda Civic EX***
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

That seems to be NE for you. They win when they have too.

2005 CTS-V - Pictures
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 08:13 PM

New England rules

Your a Miami fan? Shesh... That was a painful season. Although they did beat the Pats.

-Mike

2003 SVT Lightning
1989 Turbo Trans-Am
1987 Buick Turbo Limited
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Yah, that was a good game.. crazy orange jersey's confused the pats I guess.

I have two teams.. the cowboys and the jets. The jets did pretty damn good this year, and should have beat the damn stealers.

The cowboys.. well... they didnt do so hot

2005 CTS-V - Pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in