Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V - View Single Post - Rear/Diff Failure - Please post details inside!
View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2006, 04:38 PM
2005CTS-V

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone Im new to this site. I love my cts-v but I also have had rear dif problems. Its a great looking car lots of power but lots of problems. I think Gm rushed to make the V's. I have gone through 4 rear diffs in the past year. So far this last rear diff is holding up pretty well and the wheel hop was reduced a little bit. GM replaced my rear diff and used race bushings that are used on there race prepped cts v which I had to pay for but so far I havent had problems. I also found that turning the traction completly off when launching is the only way to prevent rear diff failures. To turn the traction control off go into the glove box and press the traction control button once then press it again and hold it for 5 seconds until a messege comes up on the screen that says STABILITRAK DISABLED. IT will reduce the wheel-hop. I hope this rear diff holds up cuse I purschased the anti-wheel hop kit and I want install it as soon as Im sure this rear diff holds up.

Last edited by 2005CTS-V; 05-11-2006 at 05:06 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome