Just bought 2005 CTS-V - Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to kjustin1996 Send a message via MSN to kjustin1996 Send a message via Yahoo to kjustin1996
Question Just bought 2005 CTS-V

Realize I'm new to the forum, but was curious in checking the forum, had a few questions about the CTS-V - figured I'd start in the Newbie section

I just bought an 05 CTS-V - stealth gray, 28k miles, still under factory warranty.

1) Is it common for the 7 spoke rims on the V's to have the clear coat/powder coat flake/peel/scale? How often have you guys heard about it or ran into it, and will manufacturer fix the issue? Dealer seems to deny it's a finish defect. I got a 2006 Trailblazer SS with same issue on clear on the rims, but its like a 1/16th of an inch long at the tire lip (really gotta look).

On the CTS-V I just bought, I got spots as long as 2 inches, in the corners & on the spokes. Can see it from 10 feet away even with all the brake dust after a drive.

Dealer stated that rims were not covered due to acid sprayed on the rim. I stated I've only used water to clean them. I've seen acidic cleaners used on aluminum rims from a 96 Camaro SS I owned, and this isn't it. Typically with powder/clear coats, it's uniform, particularly if it's an acidic wheel cleaner. Just eats the whole finish off. Can provide a picture if that would help, just no website I can upload it to for common viewing pleasure...

Was told by dealer to call GM Customer Support if I disagreed, so I opened a service request with them. Patience is a virtue, so this should be interesting.

2) Has anyone had difficulties with Cadillac cars in general not being certified pre-owned (CPO) even though they're advertised for it? I have a car fax stating my car is CPO, but Caddy says otherwise.

Can anyone provide any info from Caddy - tried the dealer, google, online, cadillac.com, etc. You guys aware of Cadillac corporate contact other than Cadillac and GM customer support 800 numbers?

I've owned a # of GM cars, but I can say I've never had such a negative experience from a dealer as I did at the local Caddy dealer here Monday. I'm actually used to good service which I've gotten for years at my local Chevy dealer, go figure?

3) Does anyone have info on the TSB's about the rear ends on the LS6 V's? I know the car had the right side axle replaced, and upper/lower arms (front and rear on right side replaced already)

Can see on cadillac faq site some TSB's, but not the actual TSB
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/index.php?category=4

PIP3152J TSB Shudder Or Bind On Low Speed Turns - keywords axle differential groan growl moan noise rear slow vibration February 9, 2007

05-04-114-001A TSB Controlling Rear Axle or Wheel Hop on Full-Throttle Application from a Standstill and/or Full Throttle 1-2 Shift (Install Supplementary Rear Sub-Frame Bushings) July 18, 2005

04-04-17-003 TSB Drive Line Vibration/Moan Noise at Highway Speeds (Re-Index Propeller Shaft at the Differential Flange) October 6, 2004

Any advice/guidance would be excellent & thanks in advance,
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in