Run flat blues - Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Run flat blues

I just found out this week that I need new tires. With only 5400 miles on them, I'm not real happy. I've been bouncing around on the net only to find out I'm not the only one. (no burn outs either) I'm getting the run around from both Cadillac and the dealer. I was told by a fellow V owner that the RSA's have a better tread life then the F1's. Any Advice ? I'd like to stay with a run flat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Call Goodyear Customer Service and talk to them. I did when my tires needed replacing at 9,000 miles. They had me take the car to a Goodyear store where they "inspected" the tires. Goodyear gave me a credit of 50% which I applied against GS-D3's, which now need to be replaced. Granted I have three track days on them but even with that I got 15,000 miles out of them (and I'm hard on tires on the road course).

You have to talk to Customer Servive, don't just go into a Goodyear store they won't know what you are talking about.

I have not heard one way or the other about the RSA's, my next set of tires will be Michelin PS2's. I have them on the Corvette and I love them.

Good luck

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. I did call "Cadillac" customer service and they said they need to speak with the service manager from the dealership. So far they have been playing phone tag for a week, and I'm really getting annoyed. I will give it another couple of days before i flip out. I have not called Goodyear yet - Great idea.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Administrator

I had to replace tires at about 8,000 miles. Although I wasn't happy about the expense I didn't speak to anyone about the life of the tire (nor did I ever perform burn-outs). I went with the BFGoodrich KDW-2 tires from tire rack and loved them.

2005 CTS-V - repurchased by GM as a lemon
2006 Corvette Coupe
1999 Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/

Install a wide band oxygen sensor in place of a stock sensor:
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/wbo2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSB1684809
Notice: Vehicle component durability is greatly influenced by these driver abuses. Driving in this manner is not recommended.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Run Flat Blues Epilogue

Well after repeated phone calls to both Cadillac customer service and the dealer I finally got a 50/50 deal. It was a horror. Once these F1's are dead,
I'll be shopping for another tire, based on opinions from you guys.
Thanks
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

I thought I was done with this story, but there was more to follow since my last entry. So here it is from the beginning. I brought my V in for Inspection, oil change and first tire rotation. The service attendent calls me into the shop to show me I had exceptional wear @ 5400 miles on my Goodyear F1's. He and the mechanic tell me I must be doing burnouts. I tell him thats not true and that I take great care of my V. (not my every day car) The mechanic puts the worn rear tires on the front, and fails to reprogram psi guage. Anyway, I ask the Service manager about the wear and he pretty much tells me the same thing and says theres nothing that can be done.
With this, I call Cadillac customer service. Initally they said they would do whatever they could to help me, but they would need to speak with the service manager. So the phone tag begins. Customer service claims they can't get through to the dealers service manager. The Service manager claims he has returned the calls and customer service doesn't respond. I return to the dealer and ask the manager to please help me get some answers. He tells me these things take time. All he had to do was make an effort to connect for me. I realize the man is busy, so I let it go for a few days. Then when I call him back , he tells me they haven't spoken yet. I call customer service, the rep I spoke to said they would be willing to go 50/50 with me on 2 new tires. But again they need to speak with the service manager. At this point its been 3 weeks of disappointment. Finally, it took me on the phone with Cadillac customer service and my wife on the phone with the dealer at the same time,(flipping out with both on the phone) that we finally got some attention. We asked for Paul Conte himself. Of course he wasn't in so we spoke to Brian who after we explained the time line and the needless grief we were experiencing, assured us the service manager would call me back with a date that I could bring my car in. I get the call and of course it was yet another week. Finally, the day comes and I take the day off from work.They tell me they have to send the tires out because they don't have a run-flat tire machine. After 4 -1/2 hours I get my V back, I pay my half - $548.00 and go home.
I pull into my garage only to see that they scratched the hell out of my wheels.I was sick over it. It looked like whoever transported my tires, threw them in the back of a rusty pick up upside down and drove like a maniac. I know there just tires, I know nobody died, but its just not right. So there I go again, one more phone call to the dealer. The service manager expresses his regrets and assures me they will fix the problem. One whole week later they take my V for 2 days and repaint the wheels for me, but not after remounting them on the car and forgetting to reprogram the psi gauge again.
This is Cadillac for goodness sakes. I don't know what was worse Customer service or Paul Conte Cadillac.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Administrator

I feel your pain. I went through all kinds of phone tag and arguements with my dealer over my car. Unfortunatly I have no advice for you other than to continue being persistant and always look over your car as soon as they bring it out. Be sure you point out any issues before you leave their lot. That is a lesson I learned the hard way with some damage the dealer did to my Corvette.

2005 CTS-V - repurchased by GM as a lemon
2006 Corvette Coupe
1999 Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/

Install a wide band oxygen sensor in place of a stock sensor:
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/wbo2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSB1684809
Notice: Vehicle component durability is greatly influenced by these driver abuses. Driving in this manner is not recommended.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 05:33 PM

Tire wear

[I have 17,000 on my RSA'a and they have about 40% left. Secret is to make sure air press is at 30 and eotate every 3500 miles.
It works.
At about 20,000 wil be looking for new tyres.
Any help out there?
Thanks
Buzz
2006 CTS-V
K&N, Corsa and flashed computer
357 HP 363 TQ
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. Yes I will always look over my V before leaving the lot.
I will probably go for the RSA's when these are shot. A fellow V owner has them
and is happy with them as well. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in