User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New ownership started with a KILL!

Hello all,
I'm not new to the LS1 thing but am to the CTS-V. I just purchased a 2004 CTS-V from the original owner. Last year she had a lifter go down on the car so she replaced the usual things, cam and lifters, oil pump, water pump, push rods. The clutch had also been done as did the shifter and rear end bushings. Although it was showing 136xxx it was extremely clean and I picked up for a steal.

Well forward a few months, I've replaced the plugs with NGK's and put some MSD wires on it and a stock replacement K&N filter in it and changed the oil with some Mobile 1. I had the Caddy dealership run the vin for me and I found it came with 3.73's from the factory. After driving it out of town a couple of times, I averaged 24 mpg while cruising 80 mph.

Coming home from work one night an 03-04 Mach 1 came beside me and wanted to go from a roll. Car sounded good, later found it was full exhaust and bolt-ons. Well we hit it from about a 45 roll and from a 30 roll and each time I got him by about 4-5 lengths. I thought to myself this car didnt feel that fast. When we stopped at a light I rolled the window down and asked about his car, thats when I found out about the bolt-ons and exhaust. When he asked about the V I told him I opted for the dual baby seat option and 2 extra doors as I rolled the back windows down and showed off my dual baby seat option. (empty baby seats) He didn't want to go from a dig, imagine that.

I took the car to LMR here in Houston to get a dyno tune on it the other day and after it was all said and done, it made 338.29 rwhp and 337.01 ft lb while keeping an a/f of 11.4.

I have no complainants about the car just getting used to the power and realized I think I need to add a cam and some headers now. I want 400 at the wheels.

The weather down here in Houston has been crap lately so I havent taken any pics of the car yet but might be a better day tomorrow.

Sugestions for adding power would be greately appricated.

Sorry for the long read guys,
Chuckd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in