2005 CTS-V: The first 4 weeks of aggravation - Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cool 2005 CTS-V: The first 4 weeks of aggravation

I traded my mildly modified 2001 quicksilver Z06 for a 2005 stealth gray CTS-V. In the first two weeks,
1. the tires were all defective and replaced(plus a new rim after the dealer scratched one).
2. the rear differential was leaking and was replaced (at only 300 miles).
3. the coolant light came on(wiring harness too short for sensor-pulled off due to engine rocking under throttle).
4. lower radiator hose cut by fanbelt(put on wrong at factory-occurred the evening after picking up car from dealer earlier the same day from previous repairs-left big pool of antifreeze in my garage, flatbedded to dealer that night.
5. No immediate availability of parts in the city of Phoenix.

The dealer recently offered me a complete Smart service package for three years for all my trouble.

I took my car to Dynocomp in Scottsdale for upgrades: full B&B exhaust including headers, AirRaid filter, Truck Creations chip, Eibach springs(plus new rear shocks), BMR strut tower brace, Lingenfelter anti wheel hop kit, Katech short shift kit, stainless steel brake lines, clear shield bra and ultimate aluminum pedals.

Your question to me may be what do you think of the car now?
It ROCKS!
I don't miss my Z06 anymore.

One more bit of info- the BMR antiwheel hop bar cannot be used with B&B exhaust because the bolts are too short(need shimming to clear the pipes- not enough threads left to tighten down bar) Save your money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Administrator

What dealer did you purchase your V from? I've had a ton of electrical problems with my V and I'm wishing I lived in Phoenix to visit Lund Cadillac. I test drove an 04 V there and loved it and loved the way they treated me. If only I could go back in time and purchase my V from them...

I'm glad you like your V now, post some pics! I'd love to see how that shifter looks and how your engine bay looks with the bmr strut brace.

2005 CTS-V - repurchased by GM as a lemon
2006 Corvette Coupe
1999 Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/

Install a wide band oxygen sensor in place of a stock sensor:
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/wbo2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSB1684809
Notice: Vehicle component durability is greatly influenced by these driver abuses. Driving in this manner is not recommended.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

I bought my car at Legends in Scottsdale. The salesman and GM were nice. The service rep felt embarrassed because all he ever had for me was usually bad news regarding the multiple problems plus the unavailability of parts.
I can't do any pics right now.
However, the BMR strut tower brace is a very nice piece. It's much thicker and sustantial looking. The tech at Dynocomp took off the BMR badge (lightly glued on) and replaced it with the stock LS6 badge from the original brace. It looks totally stock.
The shifter uses the stock knob with a nut at the base. A second nut goes at the top of the boot. They are separated by a less than a cm.. Both nuts come with the kit. The action is superb. Short smooth throws without the stiffness of a B&M ripper shifter like my old Z06. There is more transmission sound because of the solid bushings.
If you go with the B&B exhaust, it was suggested to get the resonators. Without them, its like a Nascar racer.
The Eibachs are not too stiff. But plan on swapping the self leveling rear shocks.($125/shock)
SS Brake lines are worth it. Better pedal feel.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 06:45 AM
Administrator

I'm glad they took care of you. I'm still waiting on the Caddy dealer in my area to do the same

2005 CTS-V - repurchased by GM as a lemon
2006 Corvette Coupe
1999 Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/

Install a wide band oxygen sensor in place of a stock sensor:
http://www.thend.org/~mkane/Corvette/wbo2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSB1684809
Notice: Vehicle component durability is greatly influenced by these driver abuses. Driving in this manner is not recommended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac V-Series - CTS-V, STS-V and XLR-V forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in