2005 CTS-V: The first 4 weeks of aggravation
I traded my mildly modified 2001 quicksilver Z06 for a 2005 stealth gray CTS-V. In the first two weeks,
1. the tires were all defective and replaced(plus a new rim after the dealer scratched one).
2. the rear differential was leaking and was replaced (at only 300 miles).
3. the coolant light came on(wiring harness too short for sensor-pulled off due to engine rocking under throttle).
4. lower radiator hose cut by fanbelt(put on wrong at factory-occurred the evening after picking up car from dealer earlier the same day from previous repairs-left big pool of antifreeze in my garage, flatbedded to dealer that night.
5. No immediate availability of parts in the city of Phoenix.
The dealer recently offered me a complete Smart service package for three years for all my trouble.
I took my car to Dynocomp in Scottsdale for upgrades: full B&B exhaust including headers, AirRaid filter, Truck Creations chip, Eibach springs(plus new rear shocks), BMR strut tower brace, Lingenfelter anti wheel hop kit, Katech short shift kit, stainless steel brake lines, clear shield bra and ultimate aluminum pedals.
Your question to me may be what do you think of the car now?
I don't miss my Z06 anymore.
One more bit of info- the BMR antiwheel hop bar cannot be used with B&B exhaust because the bolts are too short(need shimming to clear the pipes- not enough threads left to tighten down bar) Save your money.